Window of City HallThe City receives frequent requests from residents for the following forms, which can be printed and mailed to the City or delivered to City Hall during regular business hours.

Business Licenses

Tennessee state law requires all businesses located within the city limits that gross more than $3,000 annually in income to obtain a business license from the city and the county. The city Business License application is linked below.

pdfBusiness License Form.pdf

Beer Permits

There is a non-refundable application fee required for a beer permit. The City Commission is the Beer Board and Beer Permit Applications are considered during regularly scheduled city council meetings. The city Beer Permit Application and Background Check Authorization Form are linked below.

pdfBeer Permit Application


Burn Permits for Residents Outside City Limits

The City of Clifton does not issue burn permits for anyone outside the Clifton City Limits.  These burn permits are issued by the State of Tennessee Agriculture Department.


Liquor-by-the-Drink License

Liquor-by-the-drink Licenses are issued by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission (ABC). The City of Clifton must receive a copy of the state liquor license application and an annual fee paid to the City will be determined based on seating capacity. Liquor-by-the-drink License Applications can be found at:

Liquor-by-the-Drink License Applications

Business and Residential Construction Permits

pdf   Building Permits can be applied for at City Hall.  Fees are determined by the size of the project.

pdf   Clifton Historic Preservation Application

pdf   Fire Protection Contract Outside City Limits

pdfBurn Permit Application- call City Hall, a record is kept when the burn is to take place and adequate water supply is nearby

pdfFire Training Release Form


Permanent Sign Permit

The City of Clifton requires a permit application prior to the erection of a permanent sign within the city limits.

pdf   Sign Permit Application

Utility Permits

The City of Clifton provides water and wastewater utility services to residents within the city limits and water to customers outside the city limits in certain locations. Forms relating to activation, relocation and disconnection of these utilities are available below.

pdf Utility Activation Form

pdf Request_for_Utility_Service_Relocation.pdf

pdf Utility Disconnection Form

Miscellaneous Forms

pdfAuthorization Agreement for Automated Debits

pdf   City Employment Application